Re: Oracle 8 on AIX: size of datafiles

From: <vsanjeev99_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 20:09:16 GMT

Hi Eduard,

Can you check the following..(I am sure you may have done it already..)

1.ULIMIT (I AM SURE YOU MAY have done it already)
2.Check if the large files enabled is set
3.There is a bug in some versions of Oracle 8.x ..
Try to obtain the needed patch from Oracle..It is already available on oracle FTP site..

4.Also check if all the patches of AIX have been installed

Hope this helps
Thanks
Sanjeev

In article <375D4D73.53517F7E_at_at.ibm.com>,   Eduard Erhart <eduard_erhart_at_at.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi all !
>
> I have on Oracle 8 server installed on aix
4.3.2.

> I am not able to create a datafile for a
tablespace more than 1GB in
> size using create tablespace ....
>
> The oracle user itself can produce files up to
2GB using AIX commands.

> On a second Oracle8/AIX 4.3.2 server I have no
problem to do that.

> I can't find the different!
>
> Any hints ???

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 25 1999 - 15:09:16 CDT