Re: Replication question

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:07:46 -0700

Joe

Like so many things, the answer to your question is "It depends." There were many performance improvements in Oracle8 replication, including the internalizing of the triggers you mention, but also improvements in parallelization, the amount of network traffic generated etc.

In general, my experience has been that performance with 7.3 maxed at a throughput of about 10-15 tps, but this is very dependent on the application. With 8, I've seen figures anywhere in the range of 20-100 tps, but again, it's very dependent on the application. The only real way to get accurate figures is volume test, volume test, volume test.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete