Re: Problem Using SQL*Net on Oracle 8 for Linux

From: <r_berger_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 06:34:29 GMT

In article
<3770F2E0.33AB507A_at_ukhackers.nospam.net>,   Mark Redding <grawlfang_at_ukhackers.nospam.net> wrote:
> I have just installed Oracle 8.0.5 EE on my
S.u.S.E 6.0 Linux machine
> (running 2.0.36 kernel).
> I have created a database, populated it and can
access it via sqlplus.
> I have also created a listener (obsfdev) and
started it (and it says
> it's up, and tnsping responds), but when I try
to access the database
> via the listener using :-
>
> sqlplus sys/sys_at_obsfdev
>
> I get a "ORA-01032 - Oracle not available" error
message.

> The same listener.ora and sqlnet.ora work fine
on an RS/6000 running
> Oracle 7, so has anyone else encountered this
problem, or been
> successful in using sql*net on Linux and would
like to share their *.ora
?

> regards,
> Mark.

Hello,

try DISABLE_OOB = ON in your sqlnet.ora file

That worked in my case.

Reinhold

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 24 1999 - 01:34:29 CDT