Problem Using SQL*Net on Oracle 8 for Linux

From: Mark Redding <grawlfang_at_ukhackers.nospam.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:44:49 +0100

I have just installed Oracle 8.0.5 EE on my S.u.S.E 6.0 Linux machine (running 2.0.36 kernel).
I have created a database, populated it and can access it via sqlplus. I have also created a listener (obsfdev) and started it (and it says it's up, and tnsping responds), but when I try to access the database via the listener using :-

    sqlplus sys/sys_at_obsfdev

I get a "ORA-01032 - Oracle not available" error message.

The same listener.ora and sqlnet.ora work fine on an RS/6000 running Oracle 7, so has anyone else encountered this problem, or been successful in using sql*net on Linux and would like to share their *.ora files with me so that I can compare them to mine ?

regards,
Mark. Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 09:44:49 CDT