Re: How to use OCIStmtGetPieceInfo()

From: <dgallardo_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:09:18 GMT

Yeah, doing a piecewise fetch is a bit tricky & the doc is confusing. Read the doc of the function and the section in the OCI doc about piecewise operation carefully & attentively. I'll confess that it took me a while to get i/o from LONG RAW working too.

The define handle is an output value; you need to pass the address of a pointer to a handle. I have the pointer declared as "dvoid *bndhlp" in my code and then pass its address, "&bndhlp", to the OCIStmtGetPieceInfo() function.

Hope this helps...good luck!

In article <376E6869.ABE5E614_at_crepido.com>,   Roland Olsson <roland.olsson_at_crepido.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried all day to make piecewise reads of a LONG RAW column
> without success. The troublemaker here is a OCIStmtGetPieceInfo() call
> which crashes all the time. The previous calls to OCIDefineByPos(),
> OCIStmtExecute() and OCIStmtFetch() all work as expected. But then it
> all goes down with an access violation error.
>
> Is there a good example anywhere how to do this? I am a bit confused
by
> the manuals when they talk about the 'define handle' passed to
> OCIStmtGetPieceInfo(), what exactly is that? Maybe all these
> simple/double pointers everwhere make me do something wrong. I have
> found a lot of OCI examples/demos for Oracle 7 but they do not help me
> much since I use Oracle 8.
>
> Some facts: WinNT 4 sp3, C, MS DevStudio97, Oracle 8i 8.1.5
>
> Regards,
> /Roland

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 12:09:18 CDT