How to use OCIStmtGetPieceInfo()

From: Roland Olsson <roland.olsson_at_crepido.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 18:29:29 +0200

Hi,

I have tried all day to make piecewise reads of a LONG RAW column without success. The troublemaker here is a OCIStmtGetPieceInfo() call which crashes all the time. The previous calls to OCIDefineByPos(), OCIStmtExecute() and OCIStmtFetch() all work as expected. But then it all goes down with an access violation error.

Is there a good example anywhere how to do this? I am a bit confused by the manuals when they talk about the 'define handle' passed to OCIStmtGetPieceInfo(), what exactly is that? Maybe all these simple/double pointers everwhere make me do something wrong. I have found a lot of OCI examples/demos for Oracle 7 but they do not help me much since I use Oracle 8.

Some facts: WinNT 4 sp3, C, MS DevStudio97, Oracle 8i 8.1.5

Regards,
/Roland Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 11:29:29 CDT