Re: ORA-01401 problem with similar tables

From: erol yavuz <erol_at_context.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:29:29 +0200

<mpir_at_compuserve.com> wrote in message news:7koqmf$itc$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> How long is the field in the asp/form and how is it defined? If it is
> padding length with spaces you might go beyond the 30.

No, it's a fixed-length field of 10 characters. Like I said, even if I set it as a pre-defined string like "hello" it still will not accept it, though it's a varchar2(30).

Furthermore a padding length does not explain why the second table does accept it.

Erol Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 05:29:29 CDT