Does Oracle 8i Server run on Windows 98?

From: Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC <seldin_at_i-2000.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:30:58 GMT

My current notebook computer has NT 4.0 workstation. I have installed the full MS SQL Server 7.0 on my notebook (not just the client utilities),Oracl e 7 and VC++ 6.0. I want to install Oracle 8i Server.

However, my vendor told me that NT 4.0 does not support DVD. If I want a DVD drive on my notebook, I have to have Windows 98 instead of NT 4.0. The vendor says Windows 2000 will support DVD. Is this correct? The idea is if I can't run my development software on my new notebook, I will not get a DVD drive. Instead I will get a cd rom.

Does anyone know if I can install a local MS SQL Server on Windows 98.,Oracle 8i Server and VC++ 6.0.I am also interested in MS IIS.

Thanks for your help.

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC
Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

INTERNET: seldin_at_i-2000.com
COMPUSERVE: 75567.2603_at_compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/seldin Received on Wed Jun 23 1999 - 06:30:58 CDT