Re: How to setup my Oracle db in parallel query mode ?

From: TimSearch <timsearch_at_aol.com>
Date: 22 Jun 1999 21:45:49 GMT

Parallel query is always 'on' .. to take advantage of it you can alter a specific tables parallel degree, or use a parallel hint in your sql statements.  The init ora parameters control upper and lower limits on the max/min servers, and server timeouts .. but are not needed. However:
If you are running only a 2 processor box with mutilple connected users, don't get too carried away with PQO, it can kill you. Use if for very specific 'jobs' in this configuration.

Have fun ! Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 16:45:49 CDT