Re: ORADIM73

From: <farrellyr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:39:06 GMT

User account is the sys account. There is nothing that shows up in oradim73.log. When I shutdown both services and run 'strttag.cmd' from the command line, the database starts up and the oracleserviceTAG starts, but the oraclestartTAG in the services doesn't start. When I go into the services and start it I get that error again.

The strttag.cmd is as follows; d:\orant\bin\oradim73.exe -startup -sid TAG -usrpwd password -starttype srvc,inst -pfile d: \orant\database\inittag.ora. Maybe missing something here to start oracleserviceTAG?

When I go into ORADIM73.exe and instance manager comes up, I can edit the instance and enter the DBA authorization password, but it never stays in there.

I haven't heard anything about oracle and certain versions of nt service packs, but I will look into it now.

Thanks for your help Billy.

In article <7kn6ei$nis$1_at_news3.saix.net>,   "Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote:
> farrellyr_at_my-deja.com wrote in message
<7klsdn$ftq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >When starting the services up, I keep getting this error for the
> >OraclestartORCL service;
> >Application Error
> >ORADIM73.EXE
> >Exception: access violation(0xc0000005), Address:0x77f67416
> >
> >In the services the OraclestartORCL reads started.
> >I have to go and start up the database after, it doesn't actually
> >startup. NT4
>
> Some shots in the dark. What user account does the service start in?
Are
> there any errors in the Event Log? What does those say? What happens
if you
> run ORADIM73 from the command line?
>
> It's been many years since I worked with 7.3 on NT - but I do vaguely
recall
> that there were some problems with 7.3 and NT. Something to do with
having
> the right service packs and stuff I think and 7.3 not being certified
for a
> specific NT version... or am I wrong here?
>
> regards,
> Billy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 22 1999 - 14:39:06 CDT