Re: Using AUDSID to identify a session

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:49:40 +0200

Regrettably this isn't for 100 percent true, and I only just hit it last week (in 7.3.4)
Oracle jobs, run by the SNPx process dont' have an audsid. This was the reason why our checks failed. Basically it was used to retrieve the user, and select user from dual still shows the user submitting the job. If you don't use this code as a job it will work as you describe.

Best regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA