Re: Using AUDSID to identify a session

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:35:15 GMT

In article <7kl9sb$i3$1_at_news3.Belgium.EU.net>,   "Pascal Waterkeyn" <pwk_at_offis.be> wrote:
> I am using the V$SESSION dynamic performance table in a package
> in order to determine if a certain session is still valid, or if the
> user has been disconnected.
>
> In order to identify the session, I use the AUDSID because I can
> easily get the value for the current session using
> USERENV('SESSIONID').
>
> My question is: can I safely use the AUDSID value to identify a
> session, or in other words, is the AUDSID unique within an instance ?
>
> If you suggest me to use the SID and/or SERIAL# instead, please
> indicate how I can easily get the values for the current session.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Pascal

The audsid should be safe to use to use. There have been several posts to this effect in the past.

--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 10:35:15 CDT