Performance gain through distributed raid?

From: Seppo <michael.gruat_at_alb.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:49:00 +0200

Hello,

I run a 7.3.4 DB on NT with 5 Tablespaces on 1 external RAID5 with 5 disks:

RBS 1GB
System 40MB
Temp 1GB
Index 3.5GB
Data 2.5GB

To increase performance I plan to spread the tablespaces on own disks, each 2 x 9 GB Raid 1.

Does this make sense? How can I tell Oracle to move single tablespaces from one disk to another?

Thanks,
Michael Received on Mon Jun 21 1999 - 09:49:00 CDT