Error ORA-04031 and Shared Pool in OpenVMS

From: <kgsudhi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 11:19:43 GMT

Hi all

We are running Oracle 7.3.3.5 on OpenVMS AXP 7.1 for a 7x24 System. After 6 or 7 days we are getting "ORA-04031 Unable to allocate nnn bytes of shared memory" Error. I got a solution to increase the SHMMAX parameter value. But this parameter is in Digital Unix.

Can any body please tell me which is the equivalent parameter in OpenVMS? Is there any other solutions for this problem? (Even if we increase the Shared pool size, the error occurs)

All helps are appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Sudheer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun Jun 20 1999 - 06:19:43 CDT