Re: PeopleSoft DBA's

From: Juan Carlos <jc_va_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 08:17:26 -0700

Technically, PeopleSoft wouldn't support it, although you could argue that a simple performance hint to an SQL statement doesn't change the selection criterion. Since our on-line works best in cost, and batch in rule, we considered adding hints to a bunch of DMS statements called by the COBOL, but found that too daunting. The number of on-line search views we changed to include cost hints ended up being 8. Received on Sun Jun 20 1999 - 10:17:26 CDT