Re: PASSWORD

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:57:45 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Gérard PIOCH" <g-pioch_at_chu-montpellier.fr> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:28:04 +0200, you wrote:

>How can I find a password that a user forgot? it is a question well of
>finding and not to allot new!
>Oracle 7.3.4
>THANK YOU.

The dba can reset by

SQL> alter user <that user> identified by <some new password>;

no way to recover the original password. be a bit of a security problem if we could....

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Mirrored (and more current) at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Jun 18 1999 - 07:57:45 CDT