sending email from .bat file

From: <sankara.subramanian_at_coats.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:31:41 GMT

Hello people,
I have a strange requirement at my work. I have to send an email from .bat file on an nt operating system whenever an oracle job fails
(sqlplus etc).. How can I do it. I've done the hard part of exiting out
of sqlsession whenever there is an error using the exit code.

Now I have the exit code value stored in the local variable in the bat file. (0 for failure 1 for success). Now I want to email the users based on the value I get in my variable.
for example, if a sqlplus session fails, then the exit code will have athe value of 0, in this case I want to send a email to me and to other people using some kind of mail function.

I have done this unix But unfortunately my company moved away from UNix
(to NT :(.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 17 1999 - 14:31:41 CDT