DB BLOCK BUFFERS on NT

From: <cookr_at_nucorsteel.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:42:39 GMT

I am running Oracle 8.0.3 on a Windows NT Server. I mistakenly changed by DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS parameter to 32000 vs 3200. The Database ran better than ever (extremely fast), but the Oracle install guide for NT says the maximums Buffers is 3200.
Does anybody know if this will cause any problems or why Oracle says only 3200 on NT (Unix/Alpha can use many more)? The machine has plenty of RAM available for the SGA, and the Oracle instance is definitely using the extra buffers (memory size increased to 160MB from 65MB). I have not had any problems in a week with the new parameter.
Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 09:42:39 CDT