Re: Grant issues.

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:49:15 +0200

Hi, Mehul

> We do not want to give any grants directly to developer user (As far =
as
> possible).
> The grants should be given to dvl role who in turns has been granted =
dvl
> role.

To create a stored procedure you need either own the referenced objects or necessary privileges have been EXPLICITY granted on them to you. It's the same for views. =

 Anyway, a few months ago I had a very similar problem with stored procedures. The procedure owner was not able to create the procedure, even though with privileges explicitly granted to him, unless we specified the grant option. Does anyone know why it must be so? Nothing appears about the grant option in the Administrator's Guide.

Best regards.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 04:49:15 CDT