Re: Oracle on multiple sites

From: Steve-a <spectre_at_hkstar.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:06:26 +0800

OH GOD!!
I thought this would be easy,
so if i use snapshots, do I have to set them up at both ends? and how does the oracle inform you of a possible clash( 2 sites modifying the same record,before the snapshot has taken/updated) and if the servers are in different time zones , would this be handled correctly?, & how do the servers sync the time, because if the clocks are not sync'd , it could get really messy.

One last point, do I have to make any special setup for a firewall? on my tests i can access the oracle database using a client thru Ip/ using the server name "micromark.com.cn" which resolves to 202.104.30.68, from within my firewall, but on the outside i cannot gain access. ( I know that's what firewalls are for),even if i disable the firewall I cannot access the oracle when connected from another site, using the same client for both tests.

steve

steve