Installing Oracle WebDB in a Oracle8i NT machine

From: Supernews <nuncio_at_novaera.com.br>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:51:37 -0300

llo

Is anybody here working with Oracle WebDB? Iīve been trying to put Oracle WebDB 2.0.5.6.1 and Oracle8i 8.1.5 to work together, but I couldnīt even install them on the same machine due to some weird OracleHome problems:

The Oracle8i installs and works fine (until now, at least), but when I run the
WebDB installation program, it suggests me to use the DEFAULT_HOME as the WebDB install home. But, when I accept it, I see a message like

"Canīt continue. This Oracle Home is been used by another product - Oracle
8.1.5 Production",

what makes me believe these two Oracle Products canīt share the same Home. Ok, letīs try again, now using another OracleHome (another name and location)...But trying this just shows me another message, kind of:

"Canīt continue. <XXX> component must be installed in Oracle8i home..."

Where <XXX> is any WebDB component I try to install. So, what am I supposed to do? Oracle website documentation doesnīt help very much.

The server has the following configuration:

Windows NT (English) + Service Pack 3
AMD K6-350MHz,
128MB RAM,
8GB IDE Hard drive