Re: Migrate from 7.3.4 to 8.0.5

From: <jblazquez_at_ste.es>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:40:16 GMT

In article <MPG.11ce406041ae2367989681_at_news.cz.js.cn>,   chenjp_at_email.com (ChenJP) wrote:

> And we have to migrate lots of batch program(programmed by Pro*C) from
> 7.3.4 to 8.0.5 , anybody can give me some advise.
> Thanks a lot.

Have a look to the way Pro*C code is written. If you are not currently using indicator variables in your fetch statements then you'll have to play with precompiler options DBMS and UNSAFE_NULL or recode adding indicator variables (final solution).

We are also involved in the process of migrating from 7.3.4 to 8.0.5, and have lots of Pro*C and PL/Sql. We are mainly using rule optimization but some processes use cost-based or hints.

I'd appreciate any comments on migration, especially about code (all) migration issues.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 03:40:16 CDT