WAS 3.0.1 and SSLeay

From: Juergen Prange <juergen.prange_at_uni-essen.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:44:39 +0200

We are using the Oracle Web Application Server 3.0.1.8 for AIX and try to use SLeay certificates to activate SSL on the server. We created a certificate-request, private key and a distinguished name file with genreq and used the certificate-request to build a certificate with SSLeay. When using this certificate for a web listener, the server keeps saying: Error: Unable to load or decode certificate file(s). Has anyone succeeded in using SSLeay certificates with the OWAS? I would be grateful for any clue.

I know that oracle suggests to use a VeriSign certificate, but we use the OWAS in a science project and these certificates are too expensive. A test certificate from VeriSign worked, but is valid only for a short time.

Best regards,
Juergen Prange

Juergen Prange
Institut fuer Medizinische Informatik, Biometrie und Epidemiologie Universitaetsklinikum
Hufelandstr. 55
D-45122 Essen
Tel: +49 (0)201 / 723-4504
FAX: +49 (0)201 / 723-5933
eMail: juergen.prange_at_uni-essen.de Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 04:44:39 CDT