UnsatisfiedLink Error with Oracle JDBC-OCI8 drivers

From: James W. Howe <james.howe_at_see.signature>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 02:49:49 GMT

I'm trying to get my Oracle 8i JDBC drivers to work with a simple sample program and I'm having problems. When I attempt to do the following

        DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@xxx", "scott", "tiger")

I get a java.lang.UnsatisifiedLinkError exception. The code is in OCIDBAccess.make_c_state() which is a native method. I'm assuming that the program can't find the DLL containing the code but not sure why not. I have my <oracle home>\bin as the first item in my PATH statement (I'm running under Windows NT 4.0) which is where I would expect any needed DLL to reside. What other configuration issues should I be looking at to solve this problem?

Thanks. Received on Mon Jun 14 1999 - 21:49:49 CDT