Re: Index-Tablespace

From: Lothar Armbrüster <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 14 Jun 99 20:50:00 +0100

mme wrote on 13-Jun-99 13:01:35:
>Hi all of you!

>I´m using Developer/2000 (Rel 2.0) and the tool Schema Builder to
>create my tables and other objects.

>When creating tables with PK, I automaticly get a index. This is
>OK but I don´t get the option to
>- name the index,
>- the location for it (table space)
>- etc...

Can you name the PK-constraint? Oracle normally names the index after the constraint. (I have no experience with Developer/2000 though)

>When I create my table space with SQL in SQL*Plus, I can specify
>that in the syntax. D2K/Schema Builder creates it by itself without
>notifying or prompting me with it own naming and places it on the
>deafult tablespace.

>Can I rename and/or move a index? ...or do I have to drop it and
>create a new one?

You can move the index using the following command:

alter index your_index rebuild
tablespace your_new_tablespace;

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--

Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de