Index-Tablespace

From: mme <mattias.meyer_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 14:01:35 +0200

Hi all of you!

I´m using Developer/2000 (Rel 2.0) and the tool Schema Builder to create my tables and other objects.

When creating tables with PK, I automaticly get a index. This is OK but I don´t get the option to
- name the index,

When I create my table space with SQL in SQL*Plus, I can specify that in the syntax. D2K/Schema Builder creates it by itself without notifying or prompting me with it own naming and places it on the deafult tablespace.

Can I rename and/or move a index? ...or do I have to drop it and create a new one?

My second question is about the schema objects/names;

Is there a specific schema-user that should be used when building applications? I´m now creating a intelligent interface using Oracle and there will be only one user (the interface user). Is there any strategies to use when planing schemas???

Best regards,

Mattias Meyer Received on Sun Jun 13 1999 - 07:01:35 CDT