Hardware Reccomendations

From: <tim_mcconechy_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 07:35:13 GMT

Hi. I am putting together some hardware reccomendations for a customer and would like to here what people say.

This company will have 80 users - 50-60 concurrent. Over 15 databases - 1 per product.

The organization has very little Oracle know how and no UNIX servers at the moment.
For this reason I am thinking NT would be easiest.

I would like to know how many servers and what you would reccomend as far as resources,hardware,OS..

OS...
Number of servers...
Hardware...
Training (number of full time DBA's)... Database Version...
RAID-version

My current thought is around 1 server per two databases spilt up over usage.
The servers each a Dell Power-edge PC with a 5 Disk RAID array of some kind. 2-3 full time DBA's, oracle 8.0.5

Or ?? large UNIX Servers.

thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 14 1999 - 02:35:13 CDT