Re: OAS Authentication.

From: A.W. Groeneveld <awgroeneveld_at_altavista.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 16:32:29 +0200

Yes you can !

You need to have at least OWA 3.01, preferrably 4.07.

You can do a variety of validation, one of them is to validate against DB table. This is only true, though for protecting PL/SQL packages.

Disadvantages: passwords are visible within table !!

There are other solutions, like LDAP.... or write a custom authentication procedure; samples are included as I might remember.

Regards,

Aart-Wichert Groeneveld