Re: Performance!

From: Daniel Cukier <danicuki_at_linux.ime.usp.br>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:38:06 -0300

Here are the parameters you asked me:
shared_pool_size -> 3500000
db_block_buffers -> 550
db_block_size -> 2048
sort_area_size -> 65536

My orclalrt.log file has 35MB size. Is this common? I've opened it

about the select statments: In my application I do not write any SQL STATEMENT, because I use Genexus. It creates the statements for me and it's a powerfull tool, so I don't think this is the problem. Sometimes I have to develope in VB6. In theses cases I shoult improve the SQL statments. But first I want Oracle Database itself best configured.

My server has 256MB RAM. Is these sufficient? My database has something about 200MB size (summing all tables). My netware server is configured to use 64k blocks.

Another proble I find: for example I want to delete ALL rows from a table. This table has 30000 row, for example.
I use SQL command: delete from <table_name> The server seems VERY VERY budy when I do this. And it take a long time to tell me: rollback segment wasn't enought. Am I doing something wrong? I've looked in orclalrt.log file and there A LOT AND A LOT of lines like this:
"IN_APLICA
  ORA-1653: unable to extend table PUKET.COEMCA by 5 in tablespace"

IN_APLICA is my TABLESPACE AND PUKET.COEMCA is the table I wanted to delete all rows
and this:
"IN_APLICA
  ORA-1654: unable to extend index PUKET.COENE3 by 210 in tablespace"

there are a lot of lines like this too:   Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 25058     Current log# 2 seq# 25058 mem# 0: PROD:ORACLE\DATABASE\log1orcl.ora

I didnt undertand what do you mean with 'checkpoint not complete'

Thanks for helping. I'm waiting new message. Thanks so much!

Daniel Cukier

Ulrik Hoffmann <ulrik_at_hoffmann-kiel.de> escreveu nas notícias de mensagem:7jmkdf$lge$1_at_freeside.cls.net...