Re: Constraint and its index

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:02:47 GMT

On Wed, 09 Jun 1999 15:44:47 GMT, Tony Adolph <tony.adolf_at_viaginterkom.de> wrote:

>My question: does the constraint index get automatically
>created in the tablespace of the table it is for?

You can tell Oracle to place it somewhere else. Tthe following example creates a table and places the PK index in the user_indexes tablespace:

create table x (

	y number,
	constraint x_pk
		primary key (y)
		using index tablespace user_indexes
	);

> If not, how do I
>disable the constraint drop and recreate the index in the tablespace I
>want?

You should be able to rebuild the index:

        alter index XXX rebuild tablespace user_indexes;

regards,

Jonathan Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 11:02:47 CDT