ORA 1555 and select count(*)

From: <JohannesBavendiek_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:40:55 GMT

I made the experience that the problem with "delayed block cleanout"
(ORA 1555) was resolved by executing select count(*) ... before
repeating the step.

Here the description of the situation:

  1. a step runs on ora 1555 error in table QCMCOEP (a SAP table for conversion use only)
  2. execute select count(*) from QCMCOEP (result: about 19 Mio rows)
  3. repeat of the step runs and ends ok. No other changes made!

This happened in Oracle 8 under AIX.
The process was a step in a SAP Upgrade, that executed a table conversion on table COEP.

How does the simple select count(*) ... change data in rollbacks? Can anyone explain this to me?

If you anser, please answer also to my e-mail
(JohannesBavendiek_at_gmx.de).

Thx
Johannes

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 08:40:55 CDT