Re: QN: Different time for separate instance?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:34:37 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Ong Kian Ann" <okan_at_singtel.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:33:54 +0800, you wrote:

>Could I just enquire that if it is possible to set different time to
>separate Oracle Instance? Meaning that when I do a 'sysdate' from the
>instances, I get different timing from each one. I would appreciate any help
>given. Thank you and have a nice day.
>
>Ong Kian Ann

if all of the instances are on the same physical machine -- they should all give the same time (since you cannot query them all instantaneously -- they'll be a little different of course).

if each instance is on a different machine, then they could be very different. we get the time from the machine.

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Mirrored (and more current) at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 07:34:37 CDT