Re: ORA-04098: trigger 'BRANCH_MOVE' is invalid and failed re-validation. Any ideas ?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:32:46 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Robin Coode" <robinc_at_systems-team.co.uk> (if that email address didn't require changing) On 10 Jun 1999 08:06:33 GMT, you wrote:

>I have created (without any compilation errors) a trigger but when
>actioned I get a ORA-04098 error.
>The manual says to drop or disable the trigger but that doesn't help me.
>Does anyone know what I am doing wrong.
>

>create or replace trigger branch_move
>after
>update of association_id on person
>for each row
>begin
>insert into branch_movement
> values (:new.id, :new.association_id, 'NEW', sysdate);
>end;
>

>Many thanks
>
>Robin

SQL> show errors trigger branch_move

will show you the error. can't tell from the above what it is...

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Mirrored (and more current) at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 07:32:46 CDT