How to drop a non-system datafile??

From: Dicky <ccdicky_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 06:59:20 +0800

Hi, everybody. I'm new to AIX Oracle. Yesterday I added a wrong raw device into a tablespace. Then I turned the tablespace offline and tried to drop the raw device by issuing the following SQL command:

alter database datafile 'name' offline drop;

My database is running in non-archive mode, but according to the manual, a datafile can be removed by this command. So anyone can tell me anything I did wrong? By the way, why the "remove datafile" buttom in Oracle Enterprise Manager is always disabled?

Thanks in advance.

Dicky Received on Wed Jun 09 1999 - 17:59:20 CDT