Re: Oracle SQL*Loader Duplicate record handling.

From: J. G. Dutcher <DutcherJG_at_navair.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 09:41:29 -0800

Are the records with the duplicate keys identical in all fields?

If so, after loading into a temp table do a select distinct to get only one record and ignore the duplicates.

If records are not duplicates, you need to decide what you want to do with them. You don't state what your running on but some systems have sort programs that will delete duplicates, if your system has such a sort program, try sorting the data before loading into oracle.

In article <7jj5dk$qq2_at_romeo.logica.co.uk>, "Ming" <fungs_at_logica.com> wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I'm currently using direct loader to load a large datafile into a fact table
> with primary key and foreign key constraints. However whilst SQL*Loader
> recognises that primary key constraints have been violated with dupicate
> records it carries on loading them.
>
> Thus causing the primary key to go into a unstable state.
>
> Is there a way to trap these duplicate records within direct SQL*Loader or a
> t least terminate the loader so as not to load the file.

TIA Received on Wed Jun 09 1999 - 12:41:29 CDT