Re: Column names

From: Matthew McPeak <mcpeakm_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 19:05:48 -0400

No. If possible, I would do one of the following.

  1. Rename the tables and columns in MS Access to be uppercase and re-export them to Oracle.
  2. Get a DBA tool to reverse engineer your Oracle database and change all the generated DDL to be uppercase.
  3. Write a script to recreate all your tables with uppercase names (don't forget about indexes and constraints!)
  4. Create views that give uppercase names to everything (create view ACCOUNTS as select "accountID" ACCOUNT_ID,... FROM "accounts")

Good luck,
Matt