Analyze / Optimize

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 19:04:23 -0400

    If I 'analyze table X list chained rows into CHAINED_ROWS' , I get row chaining information in table CHAINED_ROWS. I do not get any of the "analyze" columns filled in when I look at dba_tables (chain_cnt etc.)

    So I'm assuming that table X and its indexes were not analyzed. I further assume that the optimizer will not see table X as optimized. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Van Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 18:04:23 CDT