Batching & JDBC Prepared Statements

From: Paul Sexton <pauls_at_enterprise.bt.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 14:21:22 +0100

I am using an oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement class and have turned on batched inserts to improve efficiency. If I my statement throws an SQLException after a call to
OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(), due to unique constraint violations for instance, is there a way I can get hold of the batched data from the prepared statement so that I can write it to another table? Obviously I could keep a local copy, but this seems wasteful as the prepared statement must be doing the same. Looking at the OraclePreparedStatement API there is no obvious way to do this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Paul Sexton Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 08:21:22 CDT