Re: RAID 0 or manual striping - which is better?

From: joe gulla <jgulla_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 08:07:49 -0400

        As I understand it. Let me know what you think
       If you are asking which is bettor raid implemented striping or manually
striped datafiles , raid implemented striping has several benefits. as data lays out it alternates between one disk then the others , its automatically distributing the io. redo logs, archive logs and possibly indexes should probably be on other non stripped disks, as they are sequential access.

    Manual striping, as I understand it fills the datafile on one disk then the others (less balanced io,more dba activity).