tnsnames, ports, sockets & such

From: Carlos Reed <creeds_at_sprint.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 20:52:23 -0400

Hi gang!

Some one told me that if we create several ports on the Oracle server /etc/services,
and if we redistibute this difernts ports, on all the PCs tnsnames we may get some network performance.

Can any one explain why there may be a performance gain? I had in my mind that a "real connection" is made by a socket and not by the port. Am I wrong?

Any coments will be apretiated.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Carlos Reed Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 19:52:23 CDT