Re: Table Monitoring

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 13:45:47 GMT

In article <7j4sbg$jsc_at_sjx-ixn5.ix.netcom.com>,   "Mike Vergara" <mvergara_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with a tool which will monitor access to
tables?
> have a PeopleSoft database with a very hot tablespace, and I need to
know
> which
> of the tables in the tablespace are active so I can spread the load
out.
> Oracle will
> monitor to the tablespace level, but I need to monitor at the table
level.

> Ideas, anyone?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
> ---
> Michael P. Vergara
> Petco Animal Supplies, Inc
> "Be good and you will be lonesome" - Mark Twain

Look up the AUDIT command. You ought to be able to use it to help you. You could also try joining v$acess to sys.dba_tables for the tables in the tablespace in question and run it every set number of minutes for an hour and see what shows and how many times.

I hope this gives you a start.
--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 03 1999 - 08:45:47 CDT