Re: Mass Oracle installations on many clients

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 13:10:28 -0400

Hi Rodger,

    At the last place I worked they built an install directory on a "share" (forgive me for I speak not NT nor Novell) containing the directories Oracle needed along with whatever those 95/NT people use to massage their Registry Files. They would then copy the contents of the share to the "C" drive of the client they were installing and do their magic on the registry files. I do recall that the installer had to do this from the client itself and that they never figured out how to install from a network server.

regards

Jerry Gitomer