Re: Seeing if there is Parallel Execution from tkptof output.

From: <tim_mcconechy_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 08:45:17 GMT

I'm not sure what you mean... But say I have a query.

select /*+ PARALLEL(dbstruct,4) */ *
from
 dbstruct where recno=1

call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Parse 3 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0
Execute 3 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0
Fetch 6 0.00 0.00 1 9 0 3
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

total 12 0.00 0.00 1 9 0 3

Misses in library cache during parse: 1 Optimizer goal: CHOOSE
Parsing user id: 19 (SYSADM)

Rows Execution Plan

-------  ---------------------------------------------------
      0  SELECT STATEMENT   GOAL: CHOOSE
      1   TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'DBSTRUCT'
      1    INDEX (UNIQUE SCAN) OF 'DBSTRUCTIDX' (UNIQUE)

As apposed to:

select *
from
 dbstruct where recno=1

call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

Parse 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0
Execute 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0
Fetch 2 0.00 0.00 0 3 0 1
------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

total 4 0.00 0.00 0 3 0 1

Misses in library cache during parse: 1 Optimizer goal: CHOOSE
Parsing user id: 19 (SYSADM)

Rows Execution Plan

      0  SELECT STATEMENT   GOAL: CHOOSE
      1   TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'DBSTRUCT'
      1    INDEX (UNIQUE SCAN) OF 'DBSTRUCTIDX' (UNIQUE)

See there is no difference.
What should I see if parallel exuction is working.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon May 31 1999 - 03:45:17 CDT