Re: From Informix to Oracle NT

From: Oliver Willandsen <oliver.willandsen_at_sg.cec.be>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 11:54:54 GMT

In article <7ildod$n3$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   g_beitzel_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I work for a small Informix Software development house, and have been
> doing so for years. We have just signed up for our first Oracle
> development. I have installed Oracle8 on a NT box, It all appears to
> have worked. I am just looking for a good reference point (i.e. book,
> website, FAQ) which will help me quickly set up a database, Users,
> other DBA related tasks as well as loading some simple test data, so
we
> can start playing with it. We are extremely knowledgeable with
> Informix, but until we got the CD today we knew nothing of the
> practicalities of Oracle.
>
> Thanks in advance
> G Beitzel
> g_beitzel_at_yahoo.com

Hi,

sign up to the Oracle Technology Network at

http://technet.oracle.com/

then check out the 'Migration Workbench' - there is a download and discussion area.

HTH
--
Oliver Willandsen - [European Commission - http://europa.eu.int]

All comments represent my own opinion and may not in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri May 28 1999 - 06:54:54 CDT