Re: From Informix to Oracle NT

From: Stephen Gabor <sgabor_at_removethis.jamesway.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 07:33:42 -0400

We are running Oracle 7.3.4 on NT but the resources you require will be very similar. The resources I make use of:

Books:

  1. Oracle DBA Handbook by Kevin Loney (Oracle Press). A must have book.
  2. Oracle NT Handbook by Adkoli & Velpuri (Oracle Press)
  3. Oracle Database Administration (O'Reilly)
  4. Oracle Backup & Recovery Handbook by Velpuri (Oracle Press)
  5. Oracle Tuning by Corey, Abbey and Dechichio (Oracle Press)

Internet

news server: comp.database.oracle.server - This site. Heavy traffic. Knowledgeable people.

The Oracle on NT Web Site - http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm - Great site, practical.

The Underground Oracle FAQ - http://www.orafaq.org/faqmain.htm - Good info, Good Links

For general Oracle surfing good starting points include:

http://www.uaex.edu/srea/ , http://ns.netmcr.com/~rhubarb/oracle/ , and http://www.onwe.co.za/frank/faqlink.htm

I'm sure some others here have their favourites to. I hope this provides a good starting point.