SQL Loader/Trigger problem

From: Allen Chow <Allen.Chow_at_CRHA-Health.Ab.Ca>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 23:14:08 GMT

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you have come across this problem. I'm using SQL Loader to import records and relying on constraints (not nulls and referential) and triggers to kick out bad data. I would then load the "bad" file into another table and process those rows for any further errors and generate an error report to give back to the people who created the data so that they can fix the records. I have a "before insert for each row" trigger on a table and right now it seems to get records kicked out saying the insert failed because the parent key does not exist when the value actually exists in the parent table. The only checking I'm doing in this trigger is if a column has a certain value then this other column can only have this value. If I disable the trigger, those records are inserted with no referential errors but when I enable the trigger they get kicked out.

Allen Received on Thu May 27 1999 - 18:14:08 CDT