Re: Net8 remote connection

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 18:29:13 -0500

fast_johnny wrote in message ...
>I don't know much but have you tried to telnet to the port and
>see if the listner picks up?

Yes, I did. I found out the answer earlier today and it was a simple one. So I thought I would share for all concerned. After I configured the listener.ora file, I needed to force the listener to use the new configuration. Issuing a 'lsnrctl reload' command did the trick! Silly me.

Brian Peasland
peasland_at_msn.com Received on Thu May 27 1999 - 18:29:13 CDT