Re: Job Queue problem with 8i

From: <nilendu_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 13:54:58 GMT

Hi Andrew,
I checked it.And I am able to run the other jobs which don't need to access more than one database perfectly.

So now,I checked the TRACE and ALERT log files.There is this error:

ORA-12012: error on auto execute of job 6 ORA-01004: default username feature not supported; logon denied

ORA-02063: preceding line from ORCL.NAME

---(my database alias in names server)

ORA-06512: at "USR.EMPLOYEE", line 22
--USR is the user and EMPLOYEE is the procedure which in turn calls the EMPLOYEE_INSERT procedure
ORA-06512: at "USR.EMPLOYEE_INSERT", line 40

I checked the procedure and it is running indepenedently and also with DBMS_JOB.RUN as well.

I checked metalink and found that with database-link,sometimes JOB QUEUE crashes if JOB_QUEUE_KEEP_CONNECTIONS parameter is FALSE.SO I changed it to TRUE.And found that this parameter is obsoleted in Oracle8i.

I am perplexed,must say.
Thanks,
Nilendu

In article <3749EE56.B57F0E48_at_mail.com>,   Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com> wrote:
> Nilendu,
>
> I had something similar to this, and our problem was that when Oracle
> started up, the TNS_ADMIN parameter was not pointing to the correct
> location when the TNSNAMES.ORA file is located, and therefore the SNP0
> process did not know about the TNS Alias conversion. When run as a
real
> user, you have the correct TNS_ADMIN configuration, hence it works
with
> DBMS_JOB.RUN(...);
>
> Just a thought,
> Andrew
>
> BTW - O7 v7.3 not o8i, and we were not running Oracle Names.
>
> nilendu_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
>
> > HI All,
> > I am facing an interesting problem.
> >
> > I want to run a job through DBMS_JOB.This is actually three
procedures
> > involving TWO database instance on the same machine(Oracle 8i on
Win NT

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Tue May 25 1999 - 08:54:58 CDT