Re: Remounting a database

From: Eugene Firyago <efiryago_at_bisys.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 21:19:41 -0400

David,

Perhaps you will be needed to recreate the database controlfile according to the new physical datafile placement on your box. In this case the better idea is to ask senders to provide you the controlfile creation SQL script generated in original environment by 'alter database backup controlfile to trace' command. You could just edit them manually preparing for the controlfile creation operation in new environment. But the best way to reproduce the database in new environment is to reload it through export/import receiving just one export dump file instead of bunch of datafiles, ... etc.

Good luck,
Eugene.