Remounting a database

From: David Chemla <davidc_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 12:42:54 +0200

Hi,

I will soon receive a set of database files (ie: datafiles, control files, log files, init.ora).

How can I remount that database on my system (UNIX NCR) ?

In other words (but I might be wrong) How to rename datafiles while the database is not opened ?

In case this is not possible, what should I do ?

Thank a lot in advance.

David. Received on Sat May 22 1999 - 05:42:54 CDT